This type of product addresses the liability of companies arising from a breach of data protection laws and the management of personal data. The product provides cover for third party claims against the insured for both breach of personal information (employee and customer) and corporate information.
All businesses that hold information electronically, except for financial institutions.
Features & Benefits
- Fines and investigations – This includes: Data administrative investigations and fines from data protection regulators that are insurable at law
- Crisis management – This includes: Cyber incident response services following a data breach, PR repair of company and individual reputations, breach coaching, and notification and monitoring costs associated with a breach of information
- Electronic data – This includes: Data restoration, recollection and recreation following a security breach or data leak
- Data Liability – This includes: Personal data, corporate data, outsourcing and network security
- Business/Network Interruption (optional) – Covering the loss of net profit as a result of a material interruption to the insured’s network, after a denial of service attack or network security breach
- Multimedia Liability (optional) – Covering the damages and defence costs incurred in connection with a breach of third party intellectual property, or negligence in connection with electronic content
- Cyber/Privacy Extortion (optional) – Covering ransom payments (extortion loss) to third parties incurred in terminating a security threat
Please contact us for more information.